How to Prepare for Template & Install
Being an informed customer is an important part of the countertop process. Take a look here at a few things you should know before you start your project.
WHAT TO EXPECT & HOW TO PREPARE
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENTS
The following items are required for each appointment. If for any reason you are unable to meet the requirements listed below in time for your scheduled appointment, please contact your FLOFORM Project Coordinator at least 48 hours in advance to reschedule. A trip fee will be charged if the jobsite is not ready on the day of the confirmed appointment.
- The decision maker must be on site. This person is required to sign off all aspects of the project including design (color), edge, faucet holes, and overhangs.
- Clear off the cabinet and/or countertop surfaces.
- New cabinets must be completely installed including panels and level +/- 1/8”.
- New plumbing fixtures on site and accessible. This includes sinks, faucets, hot/cold water taps, air gaps, soap dispensers, etc. FloForm provided fixtures will be delivered at install. Spec sheets will not be accepted.
- Undermount apron-front sinks must be fully installed in the sink base cabinet.
- New appliances on site and accessible. This includes cooktops, downdrafts, and ranges. Spec sheets will not be accepted.
- Waterfall legs require flooring to be fully installed.
- Supports not provided by Floform must be fully installed.
- The decision maker must be on site. This person is required to sign off on the work completed.
- Keep pets & children away from the work area.
- Clear off the cabinet and/or countertops as well as the entryway to the workspace.
- Empty lower cabinets & remove top drawers.
- The day prior, please remove existing countertops, backsplashes, & sills if we are not contracted to do so.
- Move range if we are not contracted to do so.
- Move fridge or other large obstacles out of work area as needed.
POST-INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS – Please wait at least 24 hours…
- To reconnect plumbing.
- Before wiping down any surface at seams or where the countertop or backsplash meets the wall.
- To complete touch up paint.
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please contact us at your earliest convenience!